Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Long long time.....And Funny Stories!

It has been a while since I have posted....and I hate that!  I tend to look back at my blog posts alot just to see what the kids were doing at certain ages and when I don't blog like this for a while, I realize that I am going to regret it.

So...what has been going on!  LOTS!  Work is crazy.  I got a promotion (YAY!) and of course with a promotion, comes alot more work!  Last year, I was working on a huge project in Massachusetts and we found out about a month ago that we won it!  I am so relieved.  This new program is now worth $525 million dollars a year for our company......sooooooo much money!  Considering all the work that went into the project, it is nice that it paid off.  We are now waiting for word on the last big project I worked on here in Virginia.

Kids are doing great!  Because I want to remember these later on in life, I have a few stories about the kids recently.

Molly
Sassy little Molly.  A couple of weeks ago, Brody was put in time out.  Of course, lately here, he has gotten a little mouthy and he starts saying "Let me out...I want out!"  Of course, we tell him the longer he does that the longer he will stay in time out.  So...I was in the kitchen and Ted was in the living room.  Molly was walking towards me and she said something, but I didn't quite hear what she said.  Ted asked her what she said and she said, I quote, "Brody is hard headed!"  I could not believe she said that...or that she said it in the right context! 

Second story.....I was putting the kids to bed one night and we were in Molly's room getting ready to read a story.  The night before, I was working late so Ted put the kids to bed.  Brody said to me "Molly didn't listen to Daddy last night so she didn't get a bedtime story."  Here was our conversation:

Me:  "Molly - did you not listen to Daddy last night?"
Molly:  "Nope"
Me:  "Why not?"
Molly:  "Can't"

Again, hilarious.  It was just simple one word answers!  She is definitely going to be our little troublemaker!

Brody
Brody is smart beyond his years.  I tell you....everyday he amazes me with the things he is learning and the things he knows about.  A couple of Saturdays ago, my parents called and said that since they weren't coming over for Sunday dinner the next day, they wanted to pick up the kids and take them to the park and out to lunch.  Of course, I was thrilled to get a little stuff done around the house while they were gone.  Of course, Brody kept my parents entertained.  At lunch, apparently Brody wasn't paying attention while he was eating and my Dad told him to turn around and eat.  Brody looked at him and said "You are right Pop-Pop....I need to focus!"

Another funny story....On Sunday, he was out riding his bike with my neighbor's son.  After a little bit, they both came in and Benjie said that Brody fell off his bike and scraped his knee.  Brody came to me and he had a little strawberry so I cleaned it up and put a bandaid on it and he went on his merry way.  That night at bath time, Brody told Ted that his knee was really hurting and he thought he might need to ride in a wheelchair!  Where this kids get this stuff, I have no clue, but he is definitely an entertainer!!

Anyway...I wanted to get this stories down so I would remember them later on in life.  Of course, there are many more and I am going to try and get better about keeping a record of them.  Anyway, here are some recent pics....

Pics from Easter.....


Molly chilling in Brody's car....


Relaxing with Daddy!


We took them to a fundraiser at the park near our house and they got their face painted!  Molly loved it!!!!


Brody loved the popcorn!


Brody and I went shopping one day and once we were done, I got him a snack.  After a couple of bites of his pretzel he looked at me and said "Look Mommy.....a 9!"


I just love this picture....not other reason!



No comments: